Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Carl-Gustaf Harroch <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 17:30:37 UTC

trying to build eclipse projects under different directories

Hello,

I am quite new to Buildr and trying to make it work with Android
projects which has the following layout (external):
http://github.com/novoda/RESTProvider

I have 3 projects: the actual application RESTProvider, the local unit
test application and the 'remote' test application. Below is my build
file:
http://github.com/novoda/RESTProvider/blob/master/buildfile

I can compile and package my RESTProvider into a jar. What I want to
do is create ecplise project for each 3 applications. I can not figure
out how to define the location of the projects. buildr eclipse or
buildr RESTProvider:eclipse will always create the .classpath and
.project in the root of the directory without specifying any jars in
the classpath. I wish it could create .classpath/.project specific to
each projects. Am I missing something completely obvious?

I really enjoy buildr and might work on a generic setup for android if
I get the time to do it.

Cheers,
Carl

Re: trying to build eclipse projects under different directories

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
I'd say this is an inconsistency of the Eclipse task API.  Feel free to file
an issue.

By the way, when you get confused as how to do something in buildr, you can
browse the API online by going to http://buildr.apache.org/ and selecting
API on the left side.

Browsing to the Eclipse module would show you:
http://buildr.apache.org/rdoc/classes/Buildr/Eclipse/Eclipse.html#M000675

Good luck,
alex

Posted by Carl-Gustaf Harroch <ch...@gmail.com>.