Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Valluripalli, Sai" <pv...@harris.com> on 2011/08/31 20:41:33 UTC

Unable to move emails between folders with Encryption turned - on

Hi Norman/Eric,

We were in our System Testing phase and close to our release. During our System Testing we discovered that Move  option is not working between the folders. When we try to move email from Inbox to Trash we encounter the exception below. I have also got the complete log if you need. But the root cause I understood from the below exception is somewhere in the mail/store code and other places JPAMessage class is referenced and when I changed it to JPAEncryptedMessage it is unable to locate JPAMessage and throwing the exception.

Is there any master configuration to modify or do I need to refer JPAEncryptedMessage.java class to any other modules and re-compile it? Please advise.

Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.0-r422266:1071316 fatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: No metadata was found for type "class org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.openjpa.JPAMessage". The class does not appear in the list of persistent types: [org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.JPAUserFlag, org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.JPAMailbox, org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.openjpa.JPAEncryptedMessage, org.apache.james.domainlist.jpa.model.JPADomain, org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.openjpa.AbstractJPAMessage, org.apache.james.user.jpa.model.JPAUser, org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model.JPAProperty, org.apache.james.rrt.jpa.model.JPARecipientRewrite, org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.user.model.JPASubscription].
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaDataInternal(MetaDataRepository.java:407)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaData(MetaDataRepository.java:384)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.persistInternal(BrokerImpl.java:2601)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.persist(BrokerImpl.java:2540)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.persist(BrokerImpl.java:2437)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBroker.persist(DelegatingBroker.java:1069)
        at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:707)
        at org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator$ExtendedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:365)
        at $Proxy56.persist(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.JPAMessageMapper.save(JPAMessageMapper.java:362)
        ... 100 more
DEBUG 12:55:29,285 | james.imapserver | ID=1684154803 Error while processing imap request

We appreciate your help on this.

Thank you, Sai.