Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Christian Tzolov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 13:59:56 UTC

Why the HAWQParquetOutputFormat class has package access only?

The HAWQParquetOutputFormat class is defined with package access only:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/blob/master/contrib/hawq-hadoop/hawq-mapreduce-parquet/src/main/java/com/pivotal/hawq/mapreduce/parquet/HAWQParquetOutputFormat.java#L30

Is it intentional?

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Why the HAWQParquetOutputFormat class has package access only?

Posted by Lili Ma <li...@apache.org>.
I don't think it's intentional.

I think HAWQParquetOutputFormat should be exposed as public class, because
same as HAWQParquetInputFormat, it's the interface which may be used by
outside program such as MapReduce job.  And HAWQParquetInputFormat is
defined as public class currently.

Thanks
Lili