Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de> on 2004/07/03 16:52:37 UTC

How are xdocs processed?

Hello,

I want to create a modified style sheet to generate JavaHelp files, so I
need to know something about how it is working.

1. I've not found a complete description of the xdoc format, other than
a shortly described example for anakia. Especially there is a question
about subsections: The example does not make clear, if subsections can
be nested (while I tend to say, it's not possible, this would not really
make sense). Why isn't there a DTD (or am I looking at the wrong places)?

2. The stylesheet references $doc and $nav - what are the values of the
variables, what do they reference? Are there other such (useful) references?

3. A JavaBean is referenced from the stylesheet - which properties can I
use? Can I probably use my own bean? Will I have to implement a special
interface then?

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld