Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/10/08 02:55:28 UTC

Re: Problem reading ApplicationResources.properties..

Are you running Struts version 1.0 or Struts version 1.1 bx?  In 1.1,
you specify your resources as you have noted - in 1.1 you specify them
differently.  An example would be:

  <message-resources key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
                     parameter="com.foo.config.ModuleResources"/>

... or, for your exact case:

  <message-resources key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
                     parameter="EprojectsResources"/>

That should be after the action-mappings section.  If you're not using
1.1 I'm not quite sure what to tell you - I believe you have it listed
correctly (assuming you have the properties file in your top-level
classes directory)

--
Eddie Bush

Re: Problem reading ApplicationResources.properties..

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Eddie Bush wrote:

> Are you running Struts version 1.0 or Struts version 1.1 bx?  In 1.1,
> you specify your resources as you have noted - in 1.1 you specify them
> differently.  An example would be:

I'm sorry - that should read:  "In 1.0, you specify your resources as
you have noted ..."

>  <message-resources key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
>                     parameter="com.foo.config.ModuleResources"/>
>
> ... or, for your exact case:
>
>  <message-resources key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
>                     parameter="EprojectsResources"/>
>
> That should be after the action-mappings section.  If you're not using
> 1.1 I'm not quite sure what to tell you - I believe you have it listed
> correctly (assuming you have the properties file in your top-level
> classes directory)
>
> smaccutchan@sinctech.com wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am having some trouble with my struts application.. It doesn't seem
>> to be
>> reading the ApplicationResources.properties file and when my Actions
>> generate
>> errors all I get from the output of my <html:errors /> tag is "null
>> null".

Sorry for any confusion my inability to type caused!

--
Eddie Bush