Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Geelen <st...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/17 23:27:05 UTC

The '-' character in pseudo protocols (*not* allowed) ???

After spending more than a day to find out why this was not working (in a pipeline):

<map:part element="content" ns="http://www.test.com/content" src="cocoon:/announcement/update-announcement-list"/>

note the dashes '-' in the src attribute, I found out that dashes '-' are *not* valid in a pseudo protocol ????

Is there a reason why dashes are not allowed ?

Note I could not find any error in any log file, moreover if calling this pipeline twice Tomcat just aborted !!!!

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 and Cocoon 2.1.3 !

Regards,

STefan

Re: The '-' character in pseudo protocols (*not* allowed) ???

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Stefan,

it was meant as "Why do you think that the dashes are the problem?" I
know that I used the same type of URLs for internal pipelines in an
older project (with Cocoon 2.0.4 I think). You are the first one
reporting errors with dashes. The only thing I can imagine is the XSP,
maybe you can send it to the list? I don't expect it's Tomcat.

Joerg

Posted by Stefan Burkard <sb...@previon.ch>.
hi stefan

i use for example the following code in my sitemap without any problems:
<map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/about.contact-confirm.int"/>

that calls the following in an internal-only-pipeline:
<map:match pattern="*/about.*.int">
<map:generate type="serverpages" src="data/int/{2}.xsp"/>

i think this is the same you try to do. i'm running tomcat 4.1.12 and
cocoon 2.1.3.

so, if tomcat aborts abnormally, it could be a try to upgrade it.
you can also try to simplify the involved parts of the sitemap (remove
the log-transformer and look if it runs without it and things like this)

greetings
stefan

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.