Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Henry Barnett <hb...@quartetfs.com> on 2008/07/02 16:58:36 UTC

Tags

Hi,
I'm working with FpML and I'm not very knowledgeable about xml when it comes
to standards and what is allowed and was hoping if you guy could answer a
quick question I have.

I have a message as follows
<fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation xsi:type="fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation"...>
</fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation>

Which fails validation because xmlbeans expects
<fpml:FpML xsi:type="fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation"...>
</fpml:FpML>

Is the first instance valid considering that fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation
extends fpml:FpML?

Regards,
Henry

RE: Tags

Posted by Henry Barnett <hb...@quartetfs.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for your swift response, I have constructed some FpML documents with
the FpMLDocument type but at the moment I am validating xml that will be
coming from external systems. I need to know if I should tell them they have
to use the <fpml:FpML...> tag with the xsi:type or if they can use the tag
<fpml:ModifyTradeConfirmation ...> as they already are.
Could you tell me if it is ok by xmlbeans standard that they have to use the
first of the two?

Regards,
Henry

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.