Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by "Philistine, Ralph J" <Ra...@Navistar.com> on 2008/04/17 19:47:21 UTC

re: firewall issue

Hi Niklas,

This is a separate issue with ApacheFTP server that I am noticing.  The
Apache FTPServer is not using PASV mode when executing the data
connection.  Instead it is using the active block of code found in the
IODataConnectionFactory.  I put a debug message in the code which can be
seen in the log that shows that the server is using the active block.  I
am also sending the IODataConnectionFactory so that you can see where I
placed the debug code.  Is there a reason why this is happening?

I have attached another copy of my log file.  Below you will find my ftp
client session which dovetails with the log I am sending.  Please do not
be confused by the apparent success of this transmission.  I performed
this test from my PC which has always worked since it's inside the
company firewall.  Thanks so much for helping me out.  As a side note I
am still attempting to determine why I am having my load
balancer/firewall problem and am in communication with my networking
group.

C:\>FTP

ftp> open 167.6.232.101 33

Connected to 167.6.232.101.

220 Welcome to the Navistar Comm Server x30.

User (167.6.232.101:(none)): c9999ftp

331 User name okay, need password for c9999ftp.

Password:

230 User logged in, proceed.

ftp> quot pasv

227 Entering Passive Mode (167,6,232,102,0,35)

ftp> put xmt06.1225000

200 Command PORT okay.

150 File status okay; about to open data connection.

226 Transfer complete.

ftp: 114 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 114000.00Kbytes/sec.

ftp> quit

221 Goodbye.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.