Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/02/12 19:25:16 UTC

Remaining work on site redesign?

What do we feel still needs to be done before we can get the new site
design up and running..?

ap

Re: Remaining work on site redesign?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> builds fail and the staging site is not populated. To fix this, I've
> rebased all changes to the latest maater version and pushed a new
> branch called "rebranding-rebased". Please, continue the rebranding
> work in that branch.

Thanks for taking care of that, Ignasi!

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
I'd rather keep it, to have a proper reference of tee work that was
done there. I'd remove both once we merge the new PR.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
Due to my yesterday's change in the release note index, there have
appeared conflicts in the rebranding pull request. That makes the
builds fail and the staging site is not populated. To fix this, I've
rebased all changes to the latest maater version and pushed a new
branch called "rebranding-rebased". Please, continue the rebranding
work in that branch.

I've also closed the existing rebranding pull request and opened a new
one [1] based on the new branch so we can all keep working on it as we
were doing.

I.

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/58

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
Ideally, I'd like to update some docs and make them more clear and
approachable, but I don't think I can get that done in a reasonable
amount of time, so:

* Add a layout that generates a TOC baed on the page titles. This will
be specially useful for long pages such as the Compute one (I already
started this).
* Migrate all the provider user guides. In the old site they are mixed
in the "Quick start" and "User guides" categories. I think we should
join them all in the Provider user guides and just migrate the current
content to the rebranded site.
* Move the Logging and other recurring pages to the rebranded site as
top level pages in the menu.

Remove (or move to the wiki if you prefer) all those outdated pages
that refer to design decisions of jclouds 1.x. There are many pages
that are really useless and incomplete that should be removed.