Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Gargiulo <ju...@mindstech.com> on 2001/03/22 21:01:17 UTC

form in UTF-8 doesn't work with weblogic

Hi,

I have a form that is supposed to accept Japanese text. I set
enctype="utf-8" but my ActionForm is not getting any of these Japanese.
I'm not sure if this is a problem of WebLogic that is not parsing the
request stream with the right encoding or is it that I have to implement my
own multipart request handler with the encoding set to utf-8.

Thanks in advance,

juan

Re: form in UTF-8 doesn't work with weblogic

Posted by Greg Murray <gm...@eng.sun.com>.
Hi,

Is the page your submitting from encoded in utf-8?

If not you may have problems. For best results you should set the
encoding of the page to the same as the encoding you set using unctype.

I recommend using s-jis (shift jis) which is most commonly used in Japan.

UTF-8 should also work if you set it in your page using the
<@page- contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" %> directive.

greg