Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2012/07/20 17:45:16 UTC

Infrastructure new Release process

Reminder -

Infrastructure sent a note requiring mandatory switching to a new release
procedure (see forwarded note part of this msg:
http://markmail.org/message/hqrb5cmz5ic74ymy )

Our website is already on svnpubsub (except for the big doc files, like javadocs).

We haven't switched our release distribution to the new system yet, though.

With the upcoming release of UIMA-CPP and UIMA-AS, and the deadline for
mandatory swtiching approaching, I think we should consider switching.

Here's what's involved, as seen from another project who did this, but I think
it applies to us:
http://markmail.org/message/bhg462bnbcgplb3m

Any objection to asking Infra to switch our release procedure to this new
method, now?

-Marshall

Re: Infrastructure new Release process

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Great timing! Just before I get on the path of releasing UIMA-AS. The
infrastructure note
says (in part):

FYI: infrastructure policy regarding website hosting has changed as of
November 2011: we are requiring all websites and dist/ dirs to be svnpubsub
or ASF CMS backed by the end of 2012.

I am willing to try this first. Might as well do this now since this is
required to
be done by the end of this year.

+1

Jerry C