Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lt...@pfs.com on 2001/12/17 01:54:08 UTC

Question about Ron Smith's Struts Transformer pkg

I just started looking at the Transformer package, which seems to fill a
major hole in the Struts Framework. (I'm new to Struts as well, coming over
from the Dark Side (MS)).

My initial impression of the Transformer pkg is that it would not be called
from the .jsp, but only from the Action, where it would be used both to
transform the values from your ValueObj to your ActionForm, and then to
transform incoming ActionForm fields back to your value object.

So are the altered tags there mainly for items not included in the
ActionForm? Is that why there is no <htmlx:text> tag?

Sorry if my question is a little dense. Just trying to get my head around
this.

This is great work. Thanks to Ron for making it available!!

Lee Torrence
Princeton Financial Systems