Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/11/03 21:11:11 UTC

Reproducible Builds with maven-bundle-plugin?

Hi all,

I’m currently trying out the new versions oft he maven plugins to allow reproducible builds for the Apache PLC4X project.
The latest updated did help quite a lot, but we recentrly added the maven-bundle-plugin to our build to produce OSGi informationin the MANIFEST.MF using the „manifest“ goal.

Unfortunately this is currently breaking our reproducible builds efforts as the: Bnd-LastModified entry is breaking this.

Would it be possible to use the value of the „project.build.outputTimestamp“ property?

    <project.build.outputTimestamp>2019-11-01T010:30:00Z</project.build.outputTimestamp>

So if this property is provided, this value is used for the „Bnd-LastModified“ entry and if it’s not, the normal timestamp is used?

If you think that’s a valid path, I would be happy to whip up a PR.
If there are other ways to achieve this, I would be happy to adjust our build accordingly.

Chris

Re: Reproducible Builds with maven-bundle-plugin?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, it's also already possible to pass any value to the
Bnd-LastModified if you prefer. The bnd statements are just passed by
the maven-bundle-plugin.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Reproducible Builds with maven-bundle-plugin?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Chris,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré