Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr> on 2010/03/01 20:39:43 UTC

[GSOC] HTML5 Renderkit Start-up

Hi,

I've started working on HTML5 renderkit, which I will apply GSOC this year.
I haven't done much, just created the project, configured the builder
(modified Tomahawk's building procedure).
Now I am trying to determine what to implement and how people will use it
after we are done. So I am writing some example component codes to get your
ideas.
The project is hosted on Google Code:
http://code.google.com/p/myfaces-html5-starter/

I will appreciate some review on pages at:
http://code.google.com/p/myfaces-html5-starter/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/test/resources/tag-interface
Please note that, components are not implemented yet. Code on xhtml pages
are just trials.

If anybody is interested, please feel free to send me your feedback :)

Thanks,
Ali

Sorry for duplicate post :(

--
My Blog: http://blog.aliok.com.tr
Twitter: http://twitter.com/aliok_tr

Re: [GSOC] HTML5 Renderkit Start-up

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Hi,
Thanks for your answers.

Please note that this work is just prototyping.
This is made clear at :
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg44285.html

No coding and no implementation is done.

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> I also think that you definitely should implement a new component set
> especially for HTML5 (of course by extending the existing one), because
> there are just so many new possibilities which don't really fit in with the
> existing component set. However it would be really great if you'd keep
> things straight, meaning that the HTML5 component for an input text is also
> called inputText just with some new attributes. Furthermore input with type
> email from HTML5 should be something like inputEmail.
>
> Regards,
> Jakob
>
> 2010/3/2 Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>
>
> Hi Leonardo,
>>
>> First of all, I am not 100% sure about my answers.
>> The purpose of my current work is, to make my GSOC application better by
>> getting your idea.
>>
>> On this mail thread<http://old.nabble.com/-GSoc--Google-Summer-of-Code-Idea-td27040478.html>,
>> we have talked about a new HTML5 renderkit. But I have a doubt which I saved
>> for myself till now:
>>
>>    - If I implement a HTML5 renderkit for existing components, how to add
>>    the new features? For example, the "input" element has a new attribute
>>    "placeholder", where you can provide an image if the input is empty. Spec of
>>    the h:inputText or t:inputText is defined and we need the "placeholder"
>>    attribute defined on them. Ok, we can change the Tomahawk components but,
>>    isn't this a problem since the current renderkit won't use it and
>>    "placeholder" attribute will never be used by it? How to solve this problem?
>>
>> If we can clear the question above, my answers to your questions will be
>> changed, but here is my answers at the moment:
>>
>> What are you planning:
>>>

>> I am planning "A new component set with target HTML5 and JSF 2.". However,
>> for instance, I also want to implement hx:input extending h:input, for new
>> features of HTML5 "input" element (list,placeholder etc.).
>>

>> Based on on the previous question, you will need utility code that your
>>> components will use it. So where will you take it:
>>

>> I think myfaces commons utils is the correct place as you said.
>>

>> If there is some component creation you will:
>>>

>> I want to implement completely new components (like hx:video) and
>> extensions of existing components (like hx:inputText); but not duplicate
>> anything (if possible).
>>

>> but first we can handle this code outside and at the end
>>> integrate it in myfaces svn if the community agrees to.
>>>

>> That is how it's supposed to be :)
>>
>> Thanks for your questions :)
>> Ali
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I want to ask you some questions with the objective of have a better
>>> idea.
>>> I'm on vacations but I feel it is important to make this clear from now.
>>> So,
>>> what are you planning:
>>>
>>> 1. A HTML5 Renderkit of existing components
>>> 2. A new component set with target HTML5 and JSF 2.
>>> 3. Something different.
>>>
>>> Based on on the previous question, you will need utility code that your
>>> components will use it. So where will you take it:
>>>
>>> 1. A new api (there is myfaces commons utils project so it would be great
>>> do a clean and stable jsf utility api that other libraries could use it).
>>> 2. Just take myfaces shared code as tomahawk or orchestra or portlet
>>> bridge.
>>> This means repackage and copy that stuff
>>> 3. Take from trinidad or tobago.
>>> 4. Something different.
>>>
>>> If there is some component creation you will:
>>>
>>> 1. Only write html 5 components and do not replicate the basic ones.
>>> 2. Write all possible components, even if duplicates some existing
>>> components.
>>> 3. Something different.
>>>
>>> And
>>>
>>> 1. Use myfaces builder plugin
>>> 2. Use trinidad maven faces plugin

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Hi,

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ali,

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ali,

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Hi Leonardo,

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Hi Leonardo,

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I want to ask you some questions with the objective of have a better idea.
I'm on vacations but I feel it is important to make this clear from now. So,
what are you planning:

1. A HTML5 Renderkit of existing components
2. A new component set with target HTML5 and JSF 2.
3. Something different.

Based on on the previous question, you will need utility code that your
components will use it. So where will you take it:

1. A new api (there is myfaces commons utils project so it would be great to