Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2013/10/16 04:34:18 UTC

RegexReplaceProcessorFactory replacement string support for match groups

Hi Hoss,

In RegexReplaceProcessorFactory, this line means that you can't use match groups in the replacement string:

    replacement = Matcher.quoteReplacement(replacementParam.toString());

What's the reasoning behind this? Or am I missing something here, and groups can be used?

It's making it hard for me to write up a simple solution to a training exercise, where students need to clean up incorrectly formatted dates :)

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training
Hadoop, Cascading, Cassandra & Solr

Re: RegexReplaceProcessorFactory replacement string support for match groups

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
I filed a Jira on this as well back in May:

-- Jack Krupansky