Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vercesi Paolo <Pa...@insiel.it> on 2002/02/14 12:51:22 UTC

Strange behaviour re-building application with TC 3.3 + windows 2 000

Hi all,

I'm developing a web site based on TC 3.3 with Windows 2000 and Sun JDK
1.3.1.
I've a project directory which contains the source code of all the classes.
I normally use the 'build.bat' script to build/deploy the application
in the %TOMCAT_HOME% tree.
I had a source file 'relazioni.ArgomentoFaq.java', I built and I tested
the application several times without problems.
I've renamed that source file in 'relazioni.ArgomentoFAQ.java', and
I re-built the application without problems, but when I was testing
the site, jasper complained about a not found class, compiling a JSP page:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
C:\Programmi\jakarta-tomcat\work\DEFAULT\webemonet\amministrazione\faqs\Nuov
oArgomentoFAQ_1.java:19: Class relazioni.ArgomentoFAQ not found.
         relazioni.ArgomentoFAQ argomento;
                                         ^

I've discovered that the file 'ArgomentoFaq.class' was still
existing in the TC webapps tree, and that was recompiled from
'ArgomentoFAQ.java' without being renamed.

I think it must be a question related to ant and windows case
insentiveness.

After deleting 'ArgomentoFaq.class' file and re-building the application, it
has started again to work.

Regards
Paolo