Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 16:34:05 UTC

Quickstart for a IOC type project?

Hi,

using mvn -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry will create a complete Tapestry5
project. what I need is a Tapestry5 IOC project, no web tier, something
similar to tapestry-upload, what is the command to create a project similar
to that?

Thanks

Angelo

Re: Quickstart for a IOC type project?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:34:05 -0300, Angelo C. <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> using mvn -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry will create a complete Tapestry5
> project. what I need is a Tapestry5 IOC project, no web tier, something
> similar to tapestry-upload, what is the command to create a project
> similar to that?

Just remove the web part.

A Tapestry-IoC project needs almost nothing: a module class, a couple
services and some code to get a Registry.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Quickstart for a IOC type project?

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.
ioc standalone app works very well, i follow this:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIocOnly

Re: Quickstart for a IOC type project?

Posted by Michal Gruca <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angelo,
if you will run your app, could you share it (some early revision, without
business logic), or write something about standalone T5 application?
I never had enough of time to do the research, and I always was curious how
T5 IOC looks in standalone app in comparison to e.g. Pico container :)

Thanks and regards
Michał Gruca