Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Abinas Sahoo <ab...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/31 14:31:10 UTC

Failed to find metadata store by url: kylin_metadata@hbase

Hi Team,

While starting the kylin, I am getting below error. Using hbase shell, I am able to create the HTable, but from kylin, its unable to do so. Any suggestion/help is highly appreciated.

Kylin : 3.0.1
HDP : 3.1

Error message:
2021-05-24 10:59:34,357 DEBUG [main] hbase.HBaseConnection:347 : Creating HTable 'kylin_metadata'
2021-05-24 10:59:34,839 DEBUG [main] zookeeper.ZookeeperDistributedLock:239 : 2109@xxxxx trying to unlock /create_htable/kylin_metadata/lock
2021-05-24 10:59:34,848 INFO [main] zookeeper.ZookeeperDistributedLock:289 : 2109@xxxxx released lock at /create_htable/kylin_metadata/lock
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to find metadata store by url: kylin_metadata@hbase
at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.createResourceStore(ResourceStore.java:101)
at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.getStore(ResourceStore.java:113)
at org.apache.kylin.rest.service.AclTableMigrationTool.checkIfNeedMigrate(AclTableMigrationTool.java:99)
at org.apache.kylin.tool.AclTableMigrationCLI.main(AclTableMigrationCLI.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.createResourceStore(ResourceStore.java:94)
.. 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient permissions for user 'user@xxxx' (action=create)

Re: Failed to find metadata store by url: kylin_metadata@hbase

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
"AccessDeniedException: Insufficient permissions for user 'user@xxxx'
(action=create)"
It seems Kylin user doesn't have the permission to create the metadata
table. Are you using the same Hadoop user for Kylin and your hbase shell ?

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org