Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aidan Donohoe <ai...@kenamea.com> on 2005/07/01 18:51:27 UTC

Different Java Versions for different sub-projects?

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is there is a way to specify different JDKs
for different projects?

I have two sub projects, one of which must be compiled and ran with JDK
1.5 and another which should be compiled and ran with JDK 1.4.

Is there a property which I can change which will point maven to a
different JDK before compiling a project?
Or would I have to dynamically change JAVA_HOME - but would this be
possible?

Thanks for any info,

Aidan.
(Using Maven 1.0.2)

Re: Different Java Versions for different sub-projects?

Posted by Dennis Geurts <de...@gmail.com>.
Aidan,
 I don't know if this'll solve your problem, but isn't is enough
to specify the following properties:
 maven.compile.source=1.4
maven.compile.target=1.4
 for the projects that need to compile with jdk1.4 compatibility ??
 http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/java/properties.html
 provides more info.
 Dennis