Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by alex <de...@yahoo.co.nz> on 2005/06/10 14:16:38 UTC

ApplicationImpl.java, Validator configuration, property- and attribute-tag, createValidator-method

Maybe some of the contributors can help me to understand the spec and
this implementation right.

The jsf1.1-spec and jsf1.1-dtd say that you can configure validators in
the faces-config.xml as follows

<validator>
<validator-id>someID</validator-id>
<validator-class>someClass</validator-class>
<property>
<property-name>someName</property-name>
<property-class>someOtherClass</property-class>
<default-value>someValue</default-value>
</property>
</validator>

The spec says the following:
"The “default-value” contains the value for the property or attribute in
which this element resides. This value differs from the
“suggested-value” in that the property or attribute must take the value,
whereas in “suggested-value” taking the value is optional."

However, if I for example want to overwrite let's say the
LengthValidator (or register it with a custom ID) in the
faces-config.xml and I set the default-value of the property "maximum"
this configured value is totally ignored when the createValidator-method
is called. And the default-value is never looked-up (not in the
addValidator-method either). But due to the spec it must be looked-up
and set, right or not??
Why is the property ignored??

Regards
Alex