Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jose Correia <jo...@exinet.co.za> on 2000/05/03 11:12:40 UTC

question regarding XSLTProcessor

Hi all

I'm sucessfully converting this xml file using an XSLT transformation in
to OEB xml compatible file. Everything works fine except I don't want to
expand entity references in the source tree (which will be carried
through to the result tree). I am aware that the Xalan Document Table
Model does not do this and according to the documentation it tells me to
instead instantiate the XSLT Processor with the XercesLiaison. I did
this (although the XercesLiaison is to be used if using a DOM input or
output which is not the case) but it still expands the entity
references. Is this a bug? Would it be possible to modify the DTM so
that by default it expands but calling setShouldExpandEntityRefs(false)
actually does it.

Here is part of the source code with an entity reference :
"What is it &#180;to&#180; be?"

Which unfortunately expands to "What is it ´to´ be?"

Thanks and regards
Jose Correia
Exinet (pty) Ltd
Cape Town
South Africa
--

     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =_"Positive thinking - a great way  )
     )   /^\/   _)         (_        to face life"             )
     )   _ /  / _)          (        Jose Correia            )
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)          (_    jose@exinet.co.za        )
<  >      |(,,) )__)           (   jcorreia@global.co.za    )