Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by co...@apache.org on 2012/03/12 07:39:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache OpenOffice Community > AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 20120301 - 20120312

Space: Apache OpenOffice Community (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS)
Page: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 20120301 - 20120312 (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+QA+Weekly+Status+Report+As+of+20120301+-+20120312)

Added by xia zhao:
Hi all,

>From this week, I will change the QA status report delivering date from Wednesday to each Monday.

*AOO 3.4 Overall QA Status:*
Based on the test plan:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
100% IP clearance testing have been done. These are the tests of areas most impacted by removed/replaced modules due to IP clearance.
90% general testing have been done. These are general functional tests.

*AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/29 (2012/3/1 - 2012/3/12):*
Test build: dev snapshot builds: Rev. r1296433
Test Platforms: Windows XP SP3, Mac Lionn, Ubuntu 10.04, Redhat 6.1, Windows 7
Test Cases Executed:
IP Clearance: libneon replacement issue tracking

General testing:
Chart
OLE
Math formula
Interoperability automaiton testing environment setup and running

Some problems found in interoperability automation running, will fix the two days. In next week, will run interoperability testing automtically against about 5000 MS Office sample files and previous OOO sample files.

*Defects Summary:*
So far 332 defects raised against 3.4beta, AOO dev and 3.4m0
Among them, 49 critical defects raised and 22 ones remain opening now.
6 reamining release blockers:
119011 blo P3 All ooo-issues@incubator.apache... CONF --- formulas are lost by "DOCX" import filter
118895 cri P3 All sba@openoffice.org CONF --- aoo3.4 r1240836: some contextmenu entries are not localized
118976 cri P3 All issues@openoffice.org CONF --- Old extensions page needs to redirect to new because extensions manager coded to use old extensions page
119031 cri P3 Linu hdu@apache.org ACCE --- Find & Replace is always case-sensitve
119036 cri P3 Mac orwittmann@googlemail.com CONF --- WebDAV https has problems to browse a folder
118537 blo P5 Wind spreadsheet@openoffice.org UNCO --- When there are a large number of Charts in a spreadsheet a number of charts just display OLE

23 defects raised in this week,and 18 defects closed.

Based on previous testing and my observation so far, the stability sounds ok, so does basic functions. Next week more interoperability automation testing will be done. Also some performance testing will be done as well.

I am very happy to see lots of QA works are done the three past weeks and continuous going, no matter some are communicated by community or by bugzilla.  This will help to make the RC build available to us timely.

*Risk:*
The high risk for AOO 3.4 is during the migration from OO to AOO, many test cases lost and no one large automation suite can be used for regression testing now. So again I appreciate and thakns for everyone's contribution to QA works.
If you have interesting in QA work and decide to contribute to it, please go to AOO 3.4 main page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA.
Get dev build from: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
Write your case by edit this page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/
And place your result: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestResults
Or you may just do general testing based on your usage without test cases or testing result and just raise defects in Bugzilla directly: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
Any contribution is welcome and can contribute to this project's success!

Besides, I created entry for project reporting on below wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Reporting

Uner it, you can get detail AOO 3.4 QA weekly status reports from this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+QA+Status+Report

Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action