Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Durai murugan <td...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/11/13 11:27:41 UTC

How to solve the issue "Unable to read entire block; 72 bytes read; expected 512 bytes"

Dear All,

Using lucene i'm indexing my documents. While doing index for some word documents i got the following exception:
Unable to read entire block; 72 bytes read; expected 512 bytes

While indexing rtf documents i get the following exception:
Unable to read entire headers; 100 bytes read; expected 512 bytes

Why it is occurs?. How to solve it?.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: How to solve the issue "Unable to read entire block; 72 bytes read; expected 512 bytes"

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Durai murugan wrote:
> While indexing rtf documents i get the following exception:
> Unable to read entire headers; 100 bytes read; expected 512 bytes

POI doesn't read rtf files, so that'll be your problem

POI only deals with OLE2 formats

Nick