Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "achintyag@gmail.com" <ac...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/10 02:17:01 UTC

Queue showing negative count

We are using ActiveMQ 5.13.1 and ZooKeeper for LevelDB with 3 instances and
using master slave protocol. When master goes down and slave becomes master
we see the message count is negative(-ve).

Re: Queue showing negative count

Posted by "achintyag@gmail.com" <ac...@gmail.com>.
In my case it's happening consistently and so I created the Jira as you
suggested , so any idea what could be the wrong or any other alternative way
. Here is the Jira #

Re: Queue showing negative count

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ/  Create an account, log in, and
there will be a Create button at the top.

It's not possible to have a negative number of messages, therefore the bug
is that the count is negative following a failover.

But to be clear: as far as I know it's possible to occasionally have a
count that's temporarily negative due to race conditions if messages are
flowing in and out at high rates.  I've assumed that what you're seeing is
a count that is consistently negative, not just that you see a negative
number on occasion that's non-negative the next time you refresh the
page...  If I assumed wrong and this is just sporadic and temporary, then
don't submit a bug.

Tim

Posted by "achintyag@gmail.com" <ac...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Submit a bug in JIRA.  Include far more details than you've written here.