Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mganeshs <mg...@live.in> on 2017/06/11 06:44:05 UTC

Re: fq performance

Thanks for suggestions Erick, Micheal and all. I guess using of single field
as access_control will make sense. we can have access_control_user as multi
value field to hold user list ( hold permission given to user alone
individually ) and another field access_control_group as multi value field
to hold group list ( hold permission given to groups ) for that document. I
tried with this example with 6 million of documents and in fq i used almost
50 values as following
fq={!cache=false}acl_groups_ss:(G43 G96 G72 G80 G7 G24 G16 G67 G43 G57 G84
G23 G8 G38 G33 G10 G13 G65 G57 G72 G44 G34 G63 G90 G100 G63)

Tried these queries with 20 users concurrently also... Got less than 1 sec
response time. So it should be fine for now for us.

But curious to know how this would be handled in bigger applications like
linkedin and other social medias. What would be the schema, will it be like
keep access control in the same documents / resources itself or it's kept
outside and they do join in the query.