Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John ORourke <jo...@o-rourke.org> on 2005/09/22 14:30:33 UTC

Apache2::SOAP newbie

A little OT, but has anyone got any experience or examples that use
Apache2::SOAP or some other means to create a mod_perl SOAP server?

I'm rushing headlong into SOAP development and (as one does) tackled
something nice and big for my first project - a Perl SOAP server that
receives and sends MS .NET DataSet objects as parameters!

Feel free to reply off-list, not sure how relevant it is.

John

Re: Apache2::SOAP newbie

Posted by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>.
Do they have a SOAP::Lite::Simple::Java as well?

  On 23 Sep 2005, at 08:44, John ORourke wrote:
    I've now got my Apache2::SOAP-based server talking with C#.NET clients, and auto-generating the WSDL using Pod::WSDL when they call http://url?wsdl, which is nice!

  Probably not relevant for you atm - but check out SOAP::Lite::Simple - and SOAP::Lite::Simple::DotNet,
  this is a client - not server - but might be of some use.

  Cheers

  Leo

Re: Apache2::SOAP newbie

Posted by Leo Lapworth <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache2::SOAP newbie

Posted by John ORourke <jo...@versatilia.com>.
Thanks Foo,

I've now got my Apache2::SOAP-based server talking with C#.NET clients,
and auto-generating the WSDL using Pod::WSDL when they call
http://url?wsdl, which is nice!

I'm now finding out about all the SOAP::Lite overrides and methods I can
use to return a .NET DataSet object to the client... watch this space!

John

Re: Apache2::SOAP newbie

Posted by Kurt Hansen <kh...@charityweb.net>.