Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by _kl_ <kr...@igate.com> on 2012/11/05 07:29:58 UTC

how to submit page on single click when text fields are using onchange event

Hi,

I have used onchange event for my text fields to get the updated value.
After updating the text fields if the user tries to save the changes by
clicking on the ajax submit link he has to double click. Reason: the "on
change" event internally uses "on blur" so when the link is clicked first it
finishes the on change event then on second click the page submits. How can
i avoid this?? I tried using "on focus" instead but that is not the
solution. What can be the other way for doing this? Only single click is
required by the user.

-----
_kl_ :)

Re: how to submit page on single click when text fields are using onchange event

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

http://jsfiddle.net/qRKm5/

As you can see both 'change' and 'click' events are actually fired.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM, _kl_ <kr...@igate.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have used onchange event for my text fields to get the updated value.
> After updating the text fields if the user tries to save the changes by
> clicking on the ajax submit link he has to double click. Reason: the "on
> change" event internally uses "on blur" so when the link is clicked first it
> finishes the on change event then on second click the page submits. How can
> i avoid this?? I tried using "on focus" instead but that is not the
> solution. What can be the other way for doing this? Only single click is
> required by the user.
>

> -----
> _kl_ :)

Martin Grigorov