Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/04/22 23:16:09 UTC

Keyboard Accessibility on Jewel Lists, TabBar, Navigation and ComboBox

Hi,

I was working these days on keyboard accessibility for Jewel List, TabBar,
Navigation and ComboBox.
So using Arrows now can navigate this components.

I'm satisfied with the actual results but I want to take it further and was
thinking about what to do with "change" event and keys.

Right now just using up/down or left/right change from one item in a list
to the next one, and that means change the selectedIndex/selectedItem.
But for example all TabBars in each page in TDJ does not "change" selection
from examples/source code content.
This is because "change" event is not dispatched, for now just
"selectionChange" is involved.

Since as click a key is an action driven by user for me seems ok to
dispatch a CHANGE event.

I don't remember if in Flex using keyboard on list was dispatching
"change", if so I think I should add here too.

(Maybe other option is to use ENTER key when navigating, but this seems to
me something not optimal, since you already moved with arrows,
so maybe this one should not be taken into account).

Thoughts?

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira