Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Matias Cuenca <gr...@matiascuenca.com.ar> on 2003/06/26 20:24:11 UTC

RE: [juddi-Users] jUUDI & JWSDP 1.2 (progress!!)

         Thanks Anou for your observation. Apparently there is some
conflict with the jar files built into juddi and the ones on JWSDP. I
removed commons-logging.jar from webapps/juddi/WEB-INF/lib because it was
already on common/lib/ and I moved
webapps/juddi/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.4.jar to common/lib/. Now it seems to
be working (but I haven't tested much yet).

         Now that we know what the problem is, can you think of a more
"portable/elegant" way of fixing it??? As I said at the beginning I'm new
to tomcat and maybe there is some option that can be set on the config file
(like search_app_jars_first) to fix it

         Thanks

                 Matias

[juddi-Users] jUUDI & JWSDP 1.2 (best solution so far)

Posted by Francisco Cuenca <mc...@matiascuenca.com.ar>.
         I got around to do more testing under jwsdp, so I wanted to keep
the list updated in case somebody has the same scenario.
         I checked out the latest juddi code and observed the new axis.jar
doesn't solve the problem. My cleanest solution so far is to copy
log4j-1.2.8.jar into common/lib and to put a log4j.properties file on
common/classes. With this changes I can run juddi unmodified on jwsdp.
         I hope this helps others

                 Matias
PS: This is the content of my log4j.properties (an spin-off of juddi's file)

# Uncomment to have log4j be verbose while parsing this file
#log4j.debug

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=- %m%n
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO

# LOGFILE is set to be a RollingFileAppender appender using a TTCCLayout.
log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ContextPrinting=true
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.DateFormat=ISO8601
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=../logs/launcher.server.log

# Set root category priority to DEBUG and its appender to LOGFILE.
#log4j.rootCategory=WARN, LOGFILE
log4j.rootCategory=INFO, LOGFILE
#log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, LOGFILE

# Set the Axis enterprise logger category to FATAL and its only appender to
CONSOLE.
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, CONSOLE

RE: [juddi-Users] jUUDI & JWSDP 1.2 (progress!!)

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@attbi.com>.
Hmmm. The Axis libraries that are included with jUDDI 0.7.0 and 0.7.1
were taken from the Axis 1.1rc2 release. I would be interested to find
out if upgrading the Axis libraries to Axis 1.1 (just released) would
correct this problem. I have noticed that the Log4j.jar in Axis 1.1rc is
version 1.2.4 and the the log4j.jar in Axis 1.1 is version 1.2.8.

Steve

[...]

a:39) at

[...]

oryImpl.java:429) ... 37

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
JAVA has this problem, there is nothing jUDDI can do about it. Each product
comes with its own version of jar which causes these problems. There is a
version ( opensource ) project (
http://metamorphosis.krysalis.org/version/ ) which hopes to help the users
to find out what are the versions used during runtime.

I have used Sybase EAServer ( Application Server ) not Tomcat, so no idea on
the configs. AppServers have the concept of loading the webapp jars
separately using a different class loader, that also will cause problems,
since the logs are started at the server level.

We will also try to build jUDDI with the latest jars ( once we get gump
working in the next release which has the directory structure changed
accordingly ) to make sure it is compatible, but mixing 2 versions and 2
classloaders will be a problem in JAVA.

regards,
-Anou

[...]

mpl.java:429) ... 37
            more Jun 19, 2003 6:11:46 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
            start SEVERE: Error listenerStart Jun 19, 2003 6:11:46 PM
            org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start SEVERE: Context
startup
            failed due to previous errors Jun 19, 2003 6:11:47 PM
            org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start INFO: Starting
Coyote
            HTTP/1.1 on port 8080 Jun 19, 2003 6:11:47 PM
            org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

            Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting
Partner.
            Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly
Commission!
            INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting
http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php