Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hossein ahmadzadeh <h....@gmail.com> on 2021/03/30 19:29:28 UTC

Is HBase 2.X suitable for running on Hadoop 3.X?

<https://stackoverflow.com/posts/66877227/timeline>

The HBase documentation <http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop> noted
that:

Hadoop 2.x is faster and includes features, such as short-circuit reads
(See Leveraging local data), which will help improve your HBase random read
profile. Hadoop 2.x also includes important bug fixes that will improve
your overall HBase experience. HBase does not support running with earlier
versions of Hadoop. See the table below for requirements specific to
different HBase versions. *Hadoop 3.x is still in early access releases and
has not yet been sufficiently tested by the HBase community for production
use cases.*

But right next to this point in the compatibility table says that HBase
2.3.4 is fully functional with Hadoop 3.2.2. So I got confused about
whether We can use HBase 2.3.4 in production alongside Hadoop 3.2.2 or not?

‌Best Regards.

Re: Is HBase 2.X suitable for running on Hadoop 3.X?

Posted by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com>.
I tried to build hadoop 3.2.2 with -Pnative,  got error below:

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/gmake -f Makefile cmTC_c17b0/fast &&
/usr/bin/gmake  -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/build

gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/edh_all_sources/hadoop-3.2.2-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/native/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/src.c.o

/usr/bin/cc -DCMAKE_HAVE_LIBC_PTHREAD   -o
CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/src.c.o -c
/edh_all_sources/hadoop-3.2.2-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/native/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.c

Linking C executable cmTC_c17b0

/usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script
CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/link.txt --verbose=1

/usr/bin/cc -rdynamic CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/src.c.o -o cmTC_c17b0

CMakeFiles/cmTC_c17b0.dir/src.c.o: In function `main':

src.c:(.text+0x2d): undefined reference to `pthread_create'

src.c:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `pthread_detach'

src.c:(.text+0x45): undefined reference to `pthread_cancel'

src.c:(.text+0x56): undefined reference to `pthread_join'

src.c:(.text+0x6a): undefined reference to `pthread_atfork'

gmake[1]: *** [cmTC_c17b0] Error 1

gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/edh_all_sources/hadoop-3.2.2-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/native/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

gmake: *** [cmTC_c17b0/fast] Error 2

Please help

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Filed HBASE-25771 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-25771> to
recommend Hadoop 3.x
Feel free to chime in.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Looks like you don't have the pthread library available. Did you make
sure you installed the necessary prerequisites for your operating system?

I'd suggest you take Hadoop compilation questions to the Hadoop user
mailing list for some more prompt answers.

Posted by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.