Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/04 23:14:48 UTC

Off topic: web framework for high traffic service

Hi,

Sorry for off topic question but I think some of you may be able to give me
some advice.

I am looking for a web framework which can be used to build a front end for
a service with very high traffic. I would expect that it plays well with
good caching system (like memcached). To put it simply: something which can
be used to build Yahoo! or Amazon homepage. My expectation is that the final
web page is assembled from many smaller regions and each of this regions can
be cached independently.

So more or less I am looking for distributed-parallel system but not for
background batch calculations (like Hadoop is) but for fast realtime web
front end construction using caches.

Preferably in Java and open sourced.

Any ideas, best practices, book recomendations, papers, tech talk links ...
?

Thanks,
Lukas

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: Off topic: web framework for high traffic service

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,
Thanks for links.

I know this may sound off topic. On the other hand if you look for example
at the eBay architecture (http://highscalability.com/ebay-architecture) then
you can see that some concepts are close to Hadoop like system (I mean when
you want to build somethink like eBay then should think more about how you
balance, cluster, separate, isolate, parallelize a cache things). I assume
some people on this list may know thing or two about these things...

Regards,
Lukas

Posted by Tim Wintle <ti...@teamrubber.com>.