Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 13:14:52 UTC

InvalidFormatException with OPCPackage or XSSFWorkbook

Hi,

When I attempt to open an Excel file (.xlsx) file I receive the following
stack trace.

org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: The part
/_rels/.rels does not have any content type ! Rule: Package require content
types when retrieving a part from a package. [M.1.14]
  at
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.getPartsImpl(ZipPackage.java:247)
  at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.getParts(OPCPackage.java:684)
  at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:275)

The following is my code.

String xlsxPath = "/Users/jonathan.hodges/Downloads/daily-player-feed.xlsx";
FileInputStream is = new FileInputStream(xlsxPath)
OPCPackage pkg = OPCPackage.open(is);
XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(pkg);

This file opens fine with Excel.  I tried both as File and FileInputStream
and receive the same error.  I tried HSSF as well which returns that the
file appears to be Office 2007+ XML.

Searching the web I found a similar unresolved bug from 2013.

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201304.mbox/%3Cbug-54803-47293@https.issues.apache.org/bugzilla/%3E

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Re: InvalidFormatException with OPCPackage or XSSFWorkbook

Posted by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

I was thinking more about this.  Since this isn't a POI issue at all, maybe
instead of relaxing the compliance check I instead update the .xlsx file
programmatically with the correct OOXML.  Any suggestions on tool(s) I
could use to view this and edit, taking into account the proper structure
and schemas?  I realize I am probably heading off topic so feel free to
respond to be off list (hodgesz@gmail.com) if you want.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Posted by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com>.