Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2014/06/10 17:11:41 UTC

Version plugin and parent pom releases....

With the updates to the versioning stuff to support the newer ASM version and the updates to the plugin to allow it to be fully defined in the parent, do we think we’re ready to get the versioning plugin 0.3 release done?

To start getting the fixes for the various modules released, we need to first get the versioning plugin released, then we need to get the parent released.   Since that will take some time for votes and such, I’d like to get the ball rolling.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Version plugin and parent pom releases....

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

On 06/10/2014 05:11 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> With the updates to the versioning stuff to support the newer ASM version and the updates to the plugin to allow it to be fully defined in the parent, do we think we’re ready to get the versioning plugin 0.3 release done?
>
> To start getting the fixes for the various modules released, we need to first get the versioning plugin released, then we need to get the parent released.   Since that will take some time for votes and such, I’d like to get the ball rolling.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Version plugin and parent pom releases....

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry for catching up emails late. Right. This approach should work. I
tried quite hard last year to break the circular dependencies but gave up
after a few nights' struggle:(.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2014, at 2:20 AM, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +1.
> > Does this mean those circular dependency errors go away?
>
> Well,  no.
>
> However, once we have a release in central, the best course of action is
> likely to just remove the versioning stuff from the <modules> section of
> the top level pom so it wouldn’t even be built.  It would just grab the
> released version via maven.
>
> Dan
>

> > On 10 Jun 2014 16:12, "Daniel Kulp" <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> >> With the updates to the versioning stuff to support the newer ASM
> version
> >> and the updates to the plugin to allow it to be fully defined in the
> >> parent, do we think we’re ready to get the versioning plugin 0.3 release
> >> done?
> >>
> >> To start getting the fixes for the various modules released, we need to
> >> first get the versioning plugin released, then we need to get the parent
> >> released.   Since that will take some time for votes and such, I’d like
> >> get the ball rolling.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Daniel Kulp
> >> dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
> >> Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com
> >>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Thanks
Emily
=================
Emily Jiang
ejiang@apache.org

Re: Version plugin and parent pom releases....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me.
FWIW, I've just updated the version plugin to the new ASM too so that the
build can work on JDK8.
It seems to work so far (but for various failing tests which are unrelated
to the plugin).