Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Nelson, Tracy (ETW)" <Tr...@nike.com> on 2002/08/12 22:00:43 UTC

Newbie iterate problem

I'm coming up to speed with Struts, and I can't seem to figure out the
<logic:iterate> tag.  I've got:

                <logic:iterate id="logo"  name="logoForm"
property="logoMap">
                            <bean:write name="logo" property="number"/>

I keep getting a "cannot find bean logo in scope null" error.  Do I have to
have an instance of the bean in the request?  I've tried specifying both
session and request scoping, and I've specified the type of the bean, but I
can't seem to get an instance created.  Is this something that Struts is
supposed to do, or is that something that is my responsibility?

Thanks!
-- Tracy Nelson
"Yes, learning Struts is a little like having bees live in your head.
But....there they are!"

RE: Newbie iterate problem

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Can you send the action declaration for this jsp (from the struts-config)?

Example:
    <action    path="/doLogo"
               type="com.company.Whatever"
          attribute="logoForm"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
      <forward name="success"              path="/displayLogo.jsp"/>
    </action>

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>