Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2018/04/10 14:39:29 UTC

Re: Retire Milagro

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:39:35 +0000
"Falk III, Thomas" <th...@sap.com> wrote:

> -1
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> As quiet observer of this project, I would truly like to see this
> project continued as it provides a great alternative to commercial
> certificate authorities (CA's) for trust.
>
> After the issues with Symantec (and other CA's) that came out last
> year, I think we are overdue for a functional alternative, which I
> feel Milagro has the potential to fill.

You are right about Milagro's potential to improve online life
(and thank you for commenting).

However, the vote isn't about Milagro as such, it's about whether
Milagro belongs at Apache.  If it retires from here, it will
presumably continue at github, led by Miracl, NTT, and anyone
else who joins their efforts.

--
Nick Kew