Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lchalupa <lc...@seelink.org> on 2005/08/23 00:15:39 UTC

Struts 1.2 - Using Tile Definitions as ActionForwards

I'm trying to use a feature of Tiles.

I'm using struts 1.2. I'm using Tiles Definitions maintained in a
configuration file.
I want to use the definition names in the strutsconfig file instead of a jsp
path.
I'm able to get this feature to work if I use an action to specify an
actionforward with a parameter containing the tile definition name. This
works fine.
I also want to specify tile definitions in Global Forwards. Is this suppose
to work? Some of the Struts books lead me to believe it should. When I try
it, I get an error saying it cannot find the page.

My first step is to find out if this feature is available for use.

Comments?

Thanks

lee
Lee Chalupa
lchalupa@seelink.org

Re: Struts 1.2 - Using Tile Definitions as ActionForwards

Posted by Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net>.
Ooops. Responded without comprehending the entire message.
I haven't tried it with global forwards.

Sorry.

/robert

Posted by lchalupa <lc...@seelink.org>.
Thanks for the reply.

Is the syntax you forwarded in the globalforwards
section of the config file? It looks like you are declaring an action. That
works for me too.

I'm looking to do the same type of thing but in the globalforwards section.

lee

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:32:07 -0400, Robert Taylor wrote

Posted by Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net>.