Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Eric Miles <er...@kronos.com> on 2008/01/31 16:57:23 UTC

Proxied repository strategies?

All,

We have just stood up an instance of Archiva and attempting to
incorporate it's use into our maven build processes.  However, there is
a lack of documentation for suggested practices on how to use it.

My biggest question is surrounding proxy connector usage.  I thought it
would be a good idea to proxy the central repository into a managed
repository, however it seems the repository scanner is running non-stop
now.  In over 11 hours of uptime, we have nearly a gig of logging
information and the system is scanning this particular managed
repository nearly non-stop.  Is this a bad idea?  Can anyone give me
some information on repository and database scans?  I've read the
documentation but I'm looking for a little more info.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Re: Proxied repository strategies?

Posted by Eric Miles <er...@kronos.com>.
Well, part of my problem seems to stem from the fact the Cron expression
is based off the open symphony cron syntax and not unix syntax :)  I
should have noticed it was the same as continuum.

However, now I think I have a backlog of "scan jobs" that need to be
run, at least that's what it seems like is going on.  I have 4 managed
repos that get scanned every minute.  Is there any way to purge these
jobs or do I just need to let them run their course?

Thanks,
Eric