Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/05 03:42:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ Initial Release - cpp-0.0.1

Hey folks,

There's been great efforts to get an initial working implementation of
MiNiFi in C++.  This currently provides a great start on the core
functionalities that the Java equivalent provides.  Perhaps the neatest of
all these items is the C++ implementation of the Site to Site protocol
allowing transmission from a native instance to the NiFi we have all come
to use and love in a more bite-sized binary.

To that end and to aid in making the MiNiFi effort a bit more concrete, I
would like to get a vote started on 0.0.1 (JIRA cpp-0.0.1) in the next few
days and would be happy to act as the RM. There are still a few issues to
tackle mostly tailored around documentation

The hope is that with a Java and C++ implementation in hand there will be a
larger foundation on which people can get involved and participate.  This
is especially crucial as we start expanding the framework, look to solidify
APIs, and consider protocols to facilitate the design and implementation of
centralized management and bi-directional communications.

There is still much to be done both with our MiNiFi agent implementations
and everything that follows.  This marks another nice milestone of progress
and will further generate a multitude of avenues for people to get
involved.

Looking forward to the new possibilities and challenges ahead.

--Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ Initial Release - cpp-0.0.1

Posted by Yolanda Davis <yo...@gmail.com>.
+1 !

yolanda.m.davis@gmail.com
@YolandaMDavis

Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ Initial Release - cpp-0.0.1

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
+1, the possibilities this opens up are immense!

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Andy++

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.
+1 a fantastic step forward. Will be great to see how close the the true
edge this can go ;)

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 2:17 AM, Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1, awesome!

> > +1, also we need documentation on the S2S protocol so we can further
> > extend the reach (Go, Python, Erlang/Elixir, etc)
> >

> > > On Aug 4, 2016, at 11:42 PM, Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > There's been great efforts to get an initial working implementation of
> > > MiNiFi in C++.  This currently provides a great start on the core
> > > functionalities that the Java equivalent provides.  Perhaps the neatest
> > of
> > > all these items is the C++ implementation of the Site to Site protocol
> > > allowing transmission from a native instance to the NiFi we have all
> come
> > > to use and love in a more bite-sized binary.
> > >
> > > To that end and to aid in making the MiNiFi effort a bit more
> concrete, I
> > > would like to get a vote started on 0.0.1 (JIRA cpp-0.0.1) in the next
> > few
> > > days and would be happy to act as the RM. There are still a few issues
> > > tackle mostly tailored around documentation
> > >
> > > The hope is that with a Java and C++ implementation in hand there will
> > be a
> > > larger foundation on which people can get involved and participate.
> This
> > > is especially crucial as we start expanding the framework, look to
> > solidify
> > > APIs, and consider protocols to facilitate the design and
> implementation
> > of
> > > centralized management and bi-directional communications.
> > >
> > > There is still much to be done both with our MiNiFi agent
> implementations
> > > and everything that follows.  This marks another nice milestone of
> > progress
> > > and will further generate a multitude of avenues for people to get
> > > involved.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to the new possibilities and challenges ahead.
> > >
> > > --Aldrin

Andrew

Subscribe to my book: Streaming Data <http://manning.com/psaltis>
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-psaltis/1/17b/306>
twiiter: @itmdata <http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=itmdata>

Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ Initial Release - cpp-0.0.1

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1, awesome!

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.