Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2010/04/23 11:58:35 UTC

Re: we are evaluating Wookie as a widget engine

On 23/04/2010 09:10, Scott Wilson wrote:

>> 2.       Can we count on an effective and reactive support while
>> Wookie is in its incubator phase?
>
> The most accurate indicator of this is to look back over the list
> archive to see how implementers have been supported to date:
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=list:wookie
>
> In general I'd say as a community we've been pretty quick at
> responding to questions and providing fixes and workarounds for
> issues.

However, I would say that you cannot *count* on "effective reactive
support" unless you can find someone to pay to give you that level of
support. Payment around here is through in-kind support of the project.

The golden rule of engaging with any open source project, as you
probably know, is to give back as much as you can. Any community member
who only makes demands will find that "effective reactive support" is
thin on the ground. Any community member who gives back in any way they
can (testing, docs, patches, widgets etc.) is likely to generate
significant amounts of good will and thus effective and reactive support.

Ross