Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2020/03/24 02:13:44 UTC

Video chat this week

Accumulo Devs,

I happen to have some extra time on my hands this week at home, and
thought it might be nice to set up a video meeting to chat with
anybody who might be interested in discussing Accumulo development.
This came up as part of the conversation on
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1568 , but we can discuss
anything.

I'm most familiar with Google Hangouts, and 1100, New York time, is
probably the earliest I could do it... but I can also probably do
early afternoon or late evening. If somebody wants to set up using
another service, that's probably fine too, but I haven't really used
anything else.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
+0; it's not a bad idea, and I'm in favor if somebody wishes to step up and
organize it. On the other hand, one could always record a presentation on
their own, to be linked/published in the website, without having any
specific conference, timeline, or duration restrictions around it.

I recently was told about Obs studio, which is an open source tool for
recording (and streaming) that people could use if they are looking for
hints on how to get started.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Marc <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me!

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.
I don't have a microphone or camera but would be interested if I can join
in and listen at least.

Re: Video chat this week

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.