Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 23:07:23 UTC

Word Documents for Release Team and SET files of the application.

Hi Team,

I have couple of questions as our application has some thing other then
source code too.

1) How to manage Word Document which we usually provide to Release team in
order to execute our work orders, Which is right now something like this.

        my_application
               --java/main/doc  ? ( Is this the place to put those WORD
documents ? )
                     --my-application-ejb
                       pom.xml
                     --my-application-client
                       pom.xml
                     --my-application-webservice
                       pom.xml
               --pom.xml

      I don't see any guidelines in MAVEN STRCUTURE link. (
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html)

2) How to manage .SET, JMS Queue XML files, SQL files,  which we needs to
deploy on different SERVER during our WORK order execution by release team.

        my_application
               --java/main/config ? ( Is this the place to put those .SET
and JMS XML files  ? )
               --java/main/sql ? ( Is this the place to put those .SQL
files  ? )

                     --my-application-ejb
                       pom.xml
                     --my-application-client
                       pom.xml
                     --my-application-webservice
                       pom.xml
               --pom.xml

Looking for answers on these questions.

Thanks.

Re: Word Documents for Release Team and SET files of the application.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> So looks like there isn't any Standard defined by MAVEN for that..
>
> We have to use maven-assembly-plugin in order to package it correct ?

If you put the files under src/main/resources somewhere, then the jar
plugin will pick them up. Otherwise yes you will need to use assembly
plugin.

Wayne

Re: Word Documents for Release Team and SET files of the application.

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.