Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/19 13:28:39 UTC

How to preserve session information.

How can I preserve the session information.

Should I explicitly set the cookies in order to
preserve the session.

The reason is the URL object I have created resides
between two applications.

Also the SSO is enable across applications.

What I want is
 1) Preserve the session information

 2) Work same as SSO

 Waiting for a early reply.

Re: How to preserve session information.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 04:28 -0700, tom tom wrote:
> How can I preserve the session information.
>
> Should I explicitly set the cookies in order to
> preserve the session.

It depends. Usually as along as the same HttpState instance is reused
between HTTP methods there's no need to directly manipulate the cookies.

> The reason is the URL object I have created resides
> between two applications.

Be careful to make sure that the cookie's domain attribute is set
correctly. The session cookie will not be picked up if the target server
is not within the same domain

Hope this helps

Oleg