Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Roytman, Alex" <Ro...@peacetech.com> on 2003/02/28 21:39:32 UTC

Custom HostDeployer (Digester) and context config file encryption

Hello,

I would like to be able to use custom Digester for my contexts. One of the reason is that we have tons of passwords in context xml files and I would much rather prefer to encrypt/decrypt entire file to encrypting/decrypting each password (which will mean I have to rewrite several JNDI resource factories).
It would be nice to use a system property org.apache.catalina.core.HostDeployer.<my context name> (context specific) and org.apache.catalina.core.HostDeployer (tomcat wide)
to tell StandardHost to which deployer to delegate the job.
Alternatively it would be sufficient for me to have custom digester (which will naturally extend the default one). Any other solution (especially the one I can implement now and without altering tomcat source code) would be very welcome.

This is pretty urgent matter for us and I am very anxious to hear from you

Thank you in advance

Alex Roytman
Peace Technology, Inc.
301-206-9696 ext. 103