Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hankolerd <da...@cisco.com> on 2011/01/20 22:15:34 UTC

Resolving custom dependencies extension type

I have a custom module type called custom-type-abc that is packaged as a jar.
I have another custom module type custom-type-xyz packaged as a feature.
When I try to build a custom-type-xyz that has a dependency on a
custom-type-abc module I get this error:

Maven execution failed for file
[org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal on project sample-feature: Missing:
----------
1)com.custom.type.abc:sample:custom-type-abc:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Try downloading the file manually
1 Required artifact is missing for artifact:
com.custom.type.xyz:sample-feature:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

I have added a custom lifecycle mapping and component configuration
<component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
      <role-hint>custom-type-xyz</role-hint>
      <implementation>
        org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler
      </implementation>
      <configuration>
        <extension>feature</extension>
        <type>custom-type-xyz</type>
        <packaging>custom-type-xyz</packaging>
      </configuration>
    </component>
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
      <role-hint>custom-type-abc</role-hint>
      <implementation>
        org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler
      </implementation>
      <configuration>
        <extension>jar</extension>
        <type>custom-type-abc</type>
        <packaging>custom-type-abc</packaging>
      </configuration>
    </component>

I was expecting maven to read this configuration and map custom-type-abc to
jar when it goes to look in the maven repository, but apparently it doesn't
do that. Does anyone know the right way to do this?
Thanks much,
Daniel