Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/13 23:38:21 UTC

Setup Eclipse for Hadoop on Mac

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how to configure Eclipse on Mac for Hadoop? Hadoop is running like a Pseudo-distributed moded. Please provide any reference articles or other best practices that need to be followed in this case.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Setup Eclipse for Hadoop on Mac

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raj,

      I am a Linux addict, but the procedure should be same for Mac as
well. You need to pull the hadoop-eclipse plugin, build it keeping all the
dependencies in mind and copy it into the Eclipse plugin directory. Restart
the Eclipse and you should be good to go. For a detailed info you could
visit this page<http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/07/how-to-run-mapreduce-programs-using.html#.UZFgL0AW38s>,
in
case you need some help. I have tried to explain the procedure.(No self
promotion intended :) )

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq