Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com> on 2011/03/02 16:54:14 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

As the connection string you suggested is not working should I consider this
a Camel or an ActiveMQ issue?

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
This is the URI format to use:

failover:(tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&keepAlive=true)?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1&initialReconnectDelay=10000&useExponentialBackOff=false&maxReconnectAttempts=0&randomize=false

more details can be found here:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-connection-with-failover-and-prefetch-td3335495.html

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
I've created a new discussion on ActiveMQ forum.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
If you suspect an issue with ActiveMq, then you must continue this
thread on ActiveMq forum

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
doesn't work... it is the first URL format I've used.

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi Marco,

Can you please try the following

failover:(tcp://SOMEHOST:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&amp;jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1)?initialReconnectDelay=10&maxReconnectDelay=15000

My sense is that the '&' is throwing it off and need to be passed in a URI
friendly way...

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
I've tried to run the example you suggested and the producer hangs (same
issue shown by camel)

ant
-Durl="failover://tcp://hostname:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1&initialReconnectDelay=10&maxReconnectDelay=15000"
producer -Dsubject="test"

the only difference with yours is that the broker is not in local host but
is a remote host (default configuration), perhaps it is a broker
configuration issue?

I am running ActiveMQ 5.4.2

Re: ActiveMQ connection with failover and prefetch

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried to connect to the broker with the ant script provided
into example directory of ActiveMQ ?

ex :

ant -Durl="failover://tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1&initialReconnectDelay=10&maxReconnectDelay=15000"
producer -Dsubject="test"

Remark : i have made a test localy with my broker on your url works

Regards,

Charles

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Marco Crivellaro