Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <ja...@squaretrade.com> on 2000/12/12 18:00:24 UTC

What is normal release schedule?

How often are new "official" releases of ant being rolled out?
Will there be an Ant 1.3 anytime soon which incorporates the
most current bug fixes, or should I just start using the latest
nightly build sources?

Jason

Re: What is normal release schedule?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cognet.com.au>.
Jason,

I would be pretty comfortable using the nightly builds. They have always
been quite stable. These include binaries so there should be no need to
build if that is not your thing. I had expected there to be an Ant 1.3
release that would mainly be bug fixes and some new functionality. That
would be followed by Ant 2.0 which would have much more extensive changes.
At this time, I can't say when or if these releases will go ahead.

Conor