Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Blair Sutton <bs...@northps.com> on 2008/01/14 15:47:26 UTC

TypeHandler for Xml data type in Sql Server

Hi

I was wondering if any one could provide any pointers on how I might map an SqlServer Xml data type using Ibatis.

I am using the following: -

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Reports](
                [ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
                [Config] [xml] NOT NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]

Part of my sqlMap is as follows: -

<resultMaps>
       <resultMap id="SelectResult" class="Report">
              <result property="Id" column="ID"/>
              <result property="Config" column="Config" />
       </resultMap>
</resultMaps>
<statements>
       <select id="GetReport" parameterClass="int" resultMap="SelectResult">select * from dbo.Reports where ID = #Id#</select>
       <select id="GetReportList" parameterClass="int" resultMap="SelectResult">select * from dbo.Reports</select>
</statements>

I was planning on my object along the lines of: -

public class report {
       public SqlXml Config { .. }
}

But I suspect I need to somehow deal with a Binary stream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Blair

Re: TypeHandler for Xml data type in Sql Server

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
There's a unit test showing how to use an XML input parameter, search in SVN
a unit test named TestXMLParameter using the store procedure
SelectAccountViaXML and have a look for inspiration.

Here's a Java XML TypeHandler
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Type+Handler+Callbacks

--
Cheers,