Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tammy M Blaser <Ta...@grc.nasa.gov> on 2000/07/13 16:40:21 UTC

Apache 1.3.12 w/OpenSSL and Tomcat 3.1 Configuration Inquiry

We are using Apache 1.3.12 w/OpenSSL with Tomcat 3.1 on Linux 2.2.16 and
having some challenging times configuring our web server.

At this point, I am contemplating installing the Tomcat 3.2 beta version
that supposedly can run standalone w/SSL.

But before going off and doing that, I would like to know if anyone on this
list has experience configuring Apache with OpenSSL and Tomcat?

Basically the problem I am having is how to get the httpsd.conf (apache
conf file) to co-exist with the tomcat-apache.conf (tomcat conf file).

I have the httpd ports disabled (commented out now).

The httpsd.conf file is only listening to port 443 and httpd.conf has a
simbolic link to httpd.conf.

I am able to bring up in https the document root pages that Apache has
access to (and my self signed test certificate checks out o.k.) but I can't
get Tomcat to bring up the java server pages.

Anyone out there have Apache with Open SSL and tomcat configuration files
that work properly to share?

-- Tammy

Tammy M. Blaser
NASA John H. Glenn Research Center
Flight Software Engineering Organization 7750
Mail stop 86-11
216-433-2699 (office)
216-433-8269 (fax)
Tammy.M.Blaser@grc.nasa.gov