Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Peter McCracken <pe...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/07/24 15:37:19 UTC

PSVIWriter update

Hello,

I've included a set of patches for updating PSVIWriter to output more
complete PSVI information.  It outputs events describing type definitions
and the schema information.  The output of the new PSVIWriter, when
serialized with xni.Writer, is similar to XSV's output.

One major change from the previous version, other than the extra output, is
that PSVIWriter no longer writes the PSVI information to a file as XML.
Instead, it converts the document event stream into a stream containing the
PSVI information for those events.  In order to output XML, the PSVIWriter
should be put into a configuration with xni.Writer as the document handler,
i.e.

java xni.Writer -s -v -p xni.parser.PSVIConfiguration > psvi_output.xml

This change was made to avoid code repeat, stemming from have two
difference classes which wrote XML.  I've updated the docs to reflect the
changes to PSVIWriter.

The other patches in the jar contain small bug fixes I found along the way.

Cheers,
Peter McCracken/Toronto/IBM